Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
The International SIG is a forum for professionals responsible for, or interested in international FM & workplace practices. On 29-30th April, Chris and Mark attended a knowledge and networking trip to Denmark.
Steve Gladwin, Chair of IWFM International Special Interest Group said:
A packed itinerary over 2 days covered visits and talks at:
- The Danish Broadcasting Company (DR)
- Novo Nordisk visit and lunch
- Community project, Allerod
- Value of FM discussion, Ramboll
- Danish Central Government
The Danish Broadcasting Company (DR)
DR is Denmark’s oldest and largest electronic media enterprise. The corporation was founded in 1925 as a public service organisation. DR is an independent, licence financed public institution comprising television, radio and online services. We will be visiting the headquarters and production facilities. The site also features a public concert hall and was the location for much of the filming of the Borgen TV series.
• The right sourcing model and implementation
• Evaluating the effectiveness of the FM strategy
• A tour of the building
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care, including the production of synthetic insulin. This experience and capabilities enable the company to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions, such as haemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs approximately 42,100 people in 79 countries and markets its products in more than 170 countries.
• An overview of the facilities and property strategy
• Use of data and analytics
• Business priorities
• Tour of the building
Lillevang Skole is part of the Allerod Community which has 106 properties totally 160,000 m2. It is committed to preparing every child to participate and take responsibility within society and making students aware of their opportunities. The school recently merged with another in the district with a view to strengthening and developing an academic community, a strong, diverse community of children and staff to develop and challenge each other.
• An example of how local authorities are using real estate as a strategic tool
• Real estate being used to drive social cohesion
• Finding new solutions to shifting demographics
• A school re-purposed to be at the centre of the community
On 31 October 2017 Dong Energy changed its name to Ørsted, after the Danish scientist Hans Christian Ørsted. Hans Christian Ørsted discovered electromagnetism, effectively establishing the foundations for the way we produce power today almost 200 years ago. The company’s mission to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
• The implications for FM converting from a public sector to a business
• Supporting and enabling a business with the most effective FM model
• Responding to a changing demographic of employees
ISS as we know it today was formed in 1934 in Denmark, but the origins of the company date back to 1901. People have always been at the core of their business - to manage reliable, competent, independent employees who take responsibility and pride in their work and in exchange expect respect and improved workplace conditions.
• How the built environment drives behaviours
• The touchpoint theory
• The impact of the Leesman results
The Danish Building Agency
The building agency is Denmark’s property manager and developer, responsible for creating modern, functional and cost-effective environments for the public sector estate. The building agency has a total property portfolio of state property, privately owned leases and PPP (Public-Private Partnership).
• The new FM strategy for public sector procurement of FM
• The change management project to deliver the strategy
• A tour of the building