Assessment day at Windsor Boys School
At East Berkshire College in Langley there were four disciplines covered, to give the students an insight into working life:
- Wiring a plug and connecting pipe
- Team building skills based on creating a structure with limited resources
- Interview skills based on light hearted exercises around the key elements of an interview
- Sales pitching, on the basis that every employee is an ambassador for their company
They were also treated to presentations from our Managing Director, Mark Brooker, and Technical Training Lead, Paul Brooker. The day came to a close with a tour of the campus and information on programmes available to the students in the future.
The accompanying teacher on the day thanked our team for an amazing job and told us ‘the pupils who attended all took some new skills and confidence away with them, it was great for us to give the pupils an opportunity to demonstrate skills outside of the classroom and textbooks – the workshops did just that.’
All the students told us that they have taken away at least one valuable piece of information, from the importance of a firm handshake to knowing how to conduct themselves in the work place.
A big thank you to all involved
- McFT HR Team
- Matt Alderton, Technical Training Lead
- Karen McDonagh, Franchise Director
- Dan Harfield, Business Development Executive
- Mark Brooker, Managing Director
- Paul Brooker, Technical Training Lead
And our special guest on the day, Paddy O’Neill, who was with McFT for the week on work experience from the same school.